Oppo BDP 95 and Samsung PN64D8000 plasma TV calibration and cable change

I have clocked about 250 hours on the Samsung now, and I decided to get a professional calibration.
So we planned for a night mode, plus a semi-day mode and a 3D calibration.
It took us about 3 hours to get it sorted, and I also decided to do some cable management today along with my TV calibration.
I stuck a Audioquest HDMI cable direct  to the TV for pure video, and ran a Aiborg HDMI cable from the HDMI 2 of the Oppo into my Denon for video & audio .
That way, I enjoy the benefit of the Oppo's Qvideo chip for video, without any adulteration from the Anchor Bay Video chip built into the Denon.
I don't think it's merely a cable change, but more to do with the calibration, but the colors are sweeter now, and it's an upgrade in viewing experience.

The Samsung has many video adjustment modes, and it's a bit tedious as you can't copy and paste, so you have to keep doing it for all 4 HDMI inputs of the Samsung.
After calibration, you can get about 30 FL of light output.
I will post more on the settings I got out of the TV later in a separate post.

You can approach the person here and get quotes from him:
He fly over and did my set.

http://www.thx.com/consumer/home-entertainment/find-a-thx-certified-installer/?address=penang&distance=50

All in all a good job, get your equipment sorted first.



I have no financial interest or other interests in any of the items / events I write about.

Comments

  1. who did you get to do the calibraion? At what cost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a look at the updated thread for the contact of the pro.. cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KEF LS 50 Meta review and comparison with the LS50

Dynaudio Heritage Special Speaker Review

Setting Up A Mesh Network In Your Home - tips and links